Are you stressed? You're not alone! Stress is an inevitable part of life.
Learn how to identify its sources and develop the strategies you need to manage stress, whether personally or in support of your partner.
Your relationship will thank you!
Learn how you and your partner can work together to manage the stress you each experience as well as the stress in your relationship.
Close Companions - we have built our courses on a standard model based in interpersonal psychology and communications best practices. Our instructors and advisors are real couples who have honed their techniques through extensive training and real-world experience leading couples in single-day seminars and weekend retreats across the United States.
Managing Stress Together contains the following comprehensive seven segments:
- Acknowledging the Sources of Stress (name it and claim it)
- Recognizing the Effects of Stress (what's wrong with me anyway?)
- Dealing with Personal Stress (feel better, happier, and healthier)
- Responding to Partner Stress (2 are better than 1 - we can help each other and feel more connected)
- Managing Relational Stress (finally, we have strategies to deal with it!)
- Stress and Your Future: Developing a Game Plan (what now? It's for us to decide)
- Resources for Further Learning and Development (more information and help at our fingertips)
Each segment guides you through five key activities to help you and your partner hone your skills:
- Learning: Close Companions expert instructors and advisors share their knowledge and best practices
- Awareness Building: Download activities to develop awareness of potential issues in yourself and your relationship
- Partner Sharing: Watch a demonstration of a real couple modeling an effective conversation
- Couple Conversation: Engage in your own conversation with your partner
- Action Exercises: Try the strategies out for yourselves!
- “We haven’t talked with each other like this in years! Usually we’re too busy problem-solving schedules and chores. What an extraordinary opportunity to have the structure and guidance to talk about the most important thing – our relationship.” - B&P
- “When we take time out from our busy schedules to focus on our relationship, we’re never disappointed with the outcome. It’s crucial to take time out of our chaotic lives and get back in touch with each other and why we’re together in the first place.” - M&M
Greg and Priscilla Hunt are certified Relationship Specialists, Trainers for Couple Communication, Seminar Directors for Prepare-Enrich, and authors of numerous articles on marriage and relationships.
Known for their humorous, energetic style, they are sought-after speakers and presenters.
Priscilla is a certified Relationship Coach for Couples and Training Mentor with Relationship Coaching Institute, Executive Director for Better Marriages, and co-creator of the Online Relationship Academy.
Greg is a best-selling, award-winning author, consultant, and President of Directions, Inc., a nonprofit that provides direction for organizations, relationships, and life.
Greg and Priscilla Hunt are passionate about their own marriage and about shining a light so that other couples can find their way on their own relational journey.